COVID-19 UPDATE – Orange
This page is continuously being updated by Cornwall Medical Centre – please check this page regularly as things change quickly (Last updated 14th April 2022)
- The latest official information and updates on COVID-19 is available on this website
COVID-19 Vaccines and Boosters
(including 5-11 years) – available at Cornwall Medical Centre
For those who prefer to have their COVID-19 vaccines at your own local medical centre, given by your familiar team of Registered Nurses, simply book online or phone reception 6253140 to make your booking.
If you have any respiratory symptoms (cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, fever, headaches, muscle aches, abdominal discomfort, loss of taste or smell sensation) or any contacts with possible COVID-19 cases – DO NOT COME INTO THE CLINIC – INSTEAD STAY IN YOUR CAR AND PHONE RECEPTION TO CHECK IN. Your GP will then phone you to discuss and decide where to see you – either in your car, or in our dedicated assessment room at the back of our building. We can arrange a COVID-19 test for you if needed.
CORNWALL MEDICAL CENTRE REMAINS OPEN – Mon-Fri 8am – 5pm
Wanting a PCR COVID-19 swab or Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) here?
Phone reception 625 3140 and we can help
If you are enrolled with us, then YES we can test you here in our designated area, away from other clinic patients. (no waiting in a queue, and it is free)
Testing is by appointment only (no walk ins)
Testing is free (except for pre-international flight purposes)
DO NOT BOOK ONLINE, instead phone reception 6253140 and a GP will phone you back to find out more about your symptoms first/reasons for surveillance testing and arrange a time to test and examine you.
- We have split the clinic so anyone with any cold or flu symptoms is seen in a different area, away from well patients.
If you need to see a GP, we offer PHONE or VIDEO (or IN-CLINIC consultations if needed)
- You can either book an appointment online via Connectmed (click on the orange button at the top of this page), or phone reception (09)6253140.
- Online bookings via Connectmed in level 3: You will be prompted to choose PHONE or VIDEO or IN-CLINIC options.
- Book with your usual GP (or their Associate GP) wherever possible at a time that suits you best – (the charge for virtual consultations will be the same as normal “in person” clinic consultations – in line with Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners policy)
Virtual consultations (PHONE or VIDEO consultations)
- We continue to encourage virtual consultations.
- Your Doctor will initiate the phone or video call as close to your booked time as possible.
- At the end of your PHONE or VIDEO consultation:
- We can send e-prescription to your mobile phone or pharmacy of your choice. No more paper scripts to collect. Clean and instant. Your Pharmacist starts preparing your medicine as soon as we send them your e-prescription – less wait for you at the Pharmacy.
- We can send e-lab forms directly to Labtests. No need to collect pieces of paper from our clinic and no more lost lab forms! Once an E-lab form has been generated, you can then go to ANY Labtests collection centre for your blood test with e-lab (bring a photo ID)
IN-PERSON consultations at Cornwall Medical Centre
If you feel you need to see a GP in person at the Medical Centre, DO NOT WALK IN – please either:
- phone reception 6253140 and you will be asked a series of screening questions. Or
- book online and choose in-person consultation option – but please answer the pop-up COVID-19 screening questions carefully.
- We have split the clinic so anyone with any cold or flu symptoms are seen and swabbed for COVID-19 in their cars in our rear carpark or in our dedicated assessment rooms (away from well patients)
We call this Red and Green Streaming (only patients in Green Streaming are allowed inside the waiting room and consultation rooms)
Please wear a mask while in our waiting room. We urge you to bring your own mask, but if you forget you can purchase one from reception upon arrival.
If you have a repeat prescription request:
- Please request online through Connectmed (preferred) or phone your request through to our nursing team.
Paperless E-Prescriptions available
- We now have e-prescription capability to send scripts to your mobile phone or directly to your local Pharmacy (no need to pick up paper scripts)
Paperless E-Lab forms available
- We are able to send e-lab forms directly to Labtests (no need to pick up any paper lab forms, no more lost forms)
- Once your GP or Nurse has sent your e-lab form to Labtests, you can just go to any Labtests collection centre, tell them your name and show them a photo-ID – and they will be able to do the blood test for you with results going to your GP as before.
- Please note however that we try to do only urgent blood tests at this time, and to check the Labtests website for the latest opening sites first.