COVID-19 UPDATE – Alert Level 1
This page is continuously being updated by Cornwall Medical Centre – please check this page regularly as things change quickly (Last updated 9th January 2021)
- We are in this together, and we will get through this. Kia Kaha.
- The latest official information and updates on COVID-19 is available on this website
CORNWALL MEDICAL CENTRE REMAINS OPEN (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, no Saturdays for now)
We are carrying out free Covid-19 swabs for ALL symptomatic patients who are enrolled with us
If you are unwell with a cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, fever, muscle aches, or loss of sense of smell/taste, we will swab/test you for free here.
- If you have no symptoms, but have been directed by Public Health to have a COVID-19 test as part of surveillance of a cluster, we can also swab/test you for free here.
- If you are needing a private COVID-19 test for pre-flight / travel purposes, we can also swab/test you (if you or your family are enrolled with us) – but charges apply for this category.
To book a COVID-19 swab appointment time, please phone reception 6253140 (DO NOT BOOK ONLINE FOR COVID-19 TESTING)
Reception will then book you in for swabbing in your car in our rear carpark, or in our dedicated assessment rooms at specified times of each day (no waiting in a queue, and it is free)
Or alternatively call Healthline 0800 611 116 – or see https://www.arphs.health.nz/public-health-topics/covid-19/where-to-get-tested
- We have split the clinic so anyone with any cold or flu symptoms is seen in a different area, away from well patients.
- We encourage repeat prescriptions sent directly to your nominated pharmacy.
- We remain committed to keep you healthy and out of hospital, especially in these challenging times.
If you need to see a GP, we offer PHONE, VIDEO or IN-PERSON consultations
- You can either book an appointment online via Connectmed (click on the orange button at the top of this page), or phone reception (09)6253140.
- Online bookings via Connectmed: You will be prompted to choose PHONE or VIDEO or IN-CLINIC options.
- Book with your usual GP (or their Associate GP) wherever possible at a time that suits you best – (the charge for virtual consultations will be the same as normal “in person” clinic consultations – in line with Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners policy)
Virtual consultations (PHONE or VIDEO consultations)
- We continue to encourage virtual consultations.
- Your Doctor will initiate the phone or video call as close to your booked time as possible.
- At the end of your PHONE or VIDEO consultation:
- We can send e-prescription to your mobile phone or pharmacy of your choice. No more paper scripts to collect. Clean and instant. Your Pharmacist starts preparing your medicine as soon as we send them your e-prescription – less wait for you at the Pharmacy.
- We can send e-lab forms directly to Labtests. No need to collect pieces of paper from our clinic and no more lost lab forms! Once an E-lab form has been generated, you can then go to ANY Labtests collection centre for your blood test with e-lab (bring a photo ID)
IN-PERSON consultations at Cornwall Medical Centre
If you feel you need to see a GP in person at the medical centre – please bear with us as we will be asking you a series of screening questions (symptoms, contacts, border worker etc)
We have split the clinic such that anyone with cold or flu symptoms are swabbed for COVID 19 either inside their cars or in our dedicated assessment rooms out the back of the building with separate entrance. We call this Red and Green Streaming (only patients in Green Streaming are allowed inside the waiting room and consultation rooms)
When you arrive for your in-person consultation, you may notice increased physical spacing in our waiting room. To help further decrease the number of people in our waiting room at any one time, please consider:
- Booking a PHONE or VIDEO consultation instead of IN-PERON consultation whenever possible
- Attend the clinic on your own if possible
- If you prefer to wait in your car, please let reception know and we will call you when you are ready to be seen
If you have any respiratory symptoms (cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, fever, headaches, muscle aches, loss of taste or smell sensation) or any contacts with possible COVID-19 cases – DO NOT COME INTO THE CLINIC – INSTEAD STAY IN YOUR CAR AND PHONE RECEPTION TO CHECK IN. Your GP will then phone you to discuss and decide where to see you – either in your car, or in our dedicated assessment room at the back of our building. We can arrange a COVID-19 test for you if needed.
If you have a repeat prescription request:
- Please request online through Connectmed (preferred) or phone your request through to our nursing team.
Paperless E-Presriptions available
- We now have e-prescription capability to send scripts to your mobile phone or directly to your local Pharmacy (no need to pick up paper scripts)
Paperless E-Lab forms available
- We are able to send e-lab forms directly to Labtests (no need to pick up any paper lab forms, no more lost forms)
- Once your GP or Nurse has sent your e-lab form to Labtests, you can just go to any Labtests collection centre, tell them your name and show them a photo-ID – and they will be able to do the blood test for you with results going to your GP as before.
- Please note however that we try to do only urgent blood tests at this time, and to check the Labtests website for the latest opening sites first.