COVID-19 UPDATE – Level 4 alert in place
- We are in this together, and we will get through this. Kia Kaha.
- The latest official information and updates on COVID-19 is available on this website
- It is important to note that at all COVID-19 levels, essential services such as GP clinics, hospitals and pharmacies will remain open.
CORNWALL MEDICAL CENTRE REMAINS OPEN – But for virtual consultations as the new normal.
As per New Zealand Government directive all GP clinics will provide virtual consultations (phone or video consultations) for most situations.
If you need to see a GP:
- Online bookings via Connectmed are for virtual consultations only – please book these appointments online (choose PHONE or VIDEO) with your usual GP (or their Associate GP) wherever possible at a time that suits you best – Your Doctor will initiate the phone call or video call as close to your booked time as possible (the charge for virtual consultations will be the same as normal “in person” clinic consultations – in line with Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners policy)
- Virtual video consultations are most easily arranged by booking online and choose VIDEO. After booking, you will be given a link to doxy.me You can use your mobile device to access GP consultations from anywhere. Doxy.me is a secure platform, nothing is stored, no signing up, no downloading required.
- If you think you need to see a doctor to have an actual in-person face-to-face consultation, please phone reception (09) 6253140 and you will be redirected one of our duty GPs at Cornwall Medical Centre for triage and your needs will be prioritised – this may mean a virtual consultation or a face-to-face consultation. Please be patient with us as we have a high work load and call volumes.
- Please continue to phone reception to book all child immunisations.
If you have a repeat prescription request:
- Please request through Connectmed (preferred) or phone your request through to our nursing team.
- Please note that if you have more than 4 weeks of your routine medicines left, it is actually illegal for us to prescribe you any more medicines.
Reduced opening hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, closed Saturdays)
- During the Level 4 alert period the above opening hours apply (we need to ensure safe levels of staffing and to ensure all our staff have adequate rest to help you Monday – Friday)
If you suspect you may have COVID-19:
- If you suspect you may have COVID-19 or may need a test please call Healthline 08003585354 – who may direct you to one of the dedicated community testing centres in Auckland – all COVID-19 testing centres are open 7 days a week, and more testing centres are opening up – Google “COVID-19 testing centres” for the most up to date list, or click here
- Our nearest testing centres are:
- White Cross A+M Clinic in St Lukes – located at 52 Saint Lukes Road, St Lukes
- Airport Oaks Mangere Urgent Care – 149A Kirkbride Road, Mangere
Flu vaccines 2020
- We are actively administering flu vaccines for over 65 year olds, or for younger people with certain chronic medical conditions at Cornwall Medical Centre. This will be free of charge if you are in these groups.
- For your reassurance and comfort, we will have a dedicated nurse giving flu vaccines in a separate back room in our building (or in your car at our rear carpark if you prefer). Please book with reception (09 6253140)
- In line with Ministry of Health directive, we are not to give flu vaccines to under 65 year olds without certain chronic medical conditions – until 13/4/20.
- It is important to note that the flu vaccine does not protect you from COVID-19, but it does give you the best protection from the most common winter influenza strains.