COVID-19 UPDATE – Alert Level 1
This page is continuously being updated by Cornwall Medical Centre – please check this page regularly as things change quickly (Last updated 27th June 2020)
- We are in this together, and we will get through this. Kia Kaha.
- The latest official information and updates on COVID-19 is available on this website
CORNWALL MEDICAL CENTRE REMAINS OPEN (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, Sat 8am-1pm)
- Despite COVID-19 grabbing all the major headlines, it is important to look after your other health conditions (be it acute or chronic) – before they worsen to become bigger problems.
- We remain committed to keep you healthy and out of hospital, especially in these challenging times.
If you need to see a GP, we offer PHONE, VIDEO or IN-PERSON consultations
- You can either book an appointment online via Connectmed (click on the orange button at the top of this page), or phone reception (09)6253140. We do not take walk-ins at this time.
- Online bookings via Connectmed: You will be prompted to choose PHONE or VIDEO or IN-PERSON options.
- Book with your usual GP (or their Associate GP) wherever possible at a time that suits you best – (the charge for virtual consultations will be the same as normal “in person” clinic consultations – in line with Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners policy)
Virtual consultations (PHONE or VIDEO consultations)
- We continue to encourage virtual consultations.
- Your Doctor will initiate the phone or video call as close to your booked time as possible.
- At the end of your PHONE or VIDEO consultation:
- We can send e-prescription to your mobile phone or pharmacy of your choice. No more paper scripts to collect. Clean and instant. Your Pharmacist starts preparing your medicine as soon as we send them your e-prescription – less wait for you at the Pharmacy.
- We can send e-lab forms directly to Labtests. No need to collect pieces of paper from our clinic and no more lost lab forms! Once an E-lab form has been generated, you can then go to ANY Labtests collection centre for your blood test with e-lab (bring a photo ID)
IN-PERSON consultations at Cornwall Medical Centre
If you feel you need to see a GP in person at the Medical Centre, please either:
- phone reception 6253140 and you will be asked a series of screening questions to ensure you do not have any COVID-19 symptoms before you are allowed to book. Or
- book online on Connectmed and choose in-person consultation option – but please answer the pop-up COVID-19 screening questions carefully – If you have any symptoms or contacts, you will be redirected to book a virtual consultation instead.
When you arrive for your In-Person consultation, you may note increased physical spacing in our waiting room. In order to minimise the number of people in our waiting room at any one time, please consider the following:
- consider booking a virtual consultation instead of physical consultation if possible
- attend on your own if possible
- if our waiting room does fill up, you may wish to wait in your car in our rear carpark instead (please let our reception know so we know where you are waiting)
If you have any respiratory symptoms (cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, fever, headaches, muscle aches, loss of taste or smell sensation) or any contacts with COVID-19 cases – DO NOT BOOK IN-PERSON CONSULTATION – Instead BOOK A PHONE OR VIDEO CONSULTATION WITH YOUR GP – Your GP will advise you accordingly and can arrange a COVID-19 test for you if needed.
If you have a repeat prescription request:
- Please request online through Connectmed (preferred) or phone your request through to our nursing team.
Paperless E-Presriptions available
- We now have e-prescription capability to send scripts to your mobile phone or directly to your local Pharmacy (no need to pick up paper scripts)
Paperless E-Lab forms available
- We are able to send e-lab forms directly to Labtests (no need to pick up any paper lab forms, no more lost forms)
- Once your GP or Nurse has sent your e-lab form to Labtests, you can just go to any Labtests collection centre, tell them your name and show them a photo-ID – and they will be able to do the blood test for you with results going to your GP as before.
- Please note however that we try to do only urgent blood tests at this time, and to check the Labtests website for the latest opening sites first.
If you suspect you may have COVID-19:
- If you suspect you may have COVID-19 or may need a test, DO NOT come to Cornwall Medical Centre in person. Please instead book a virtual consultation with your GP first, or alternatively call Healthline 0800 611 116 – who may direct you to one of the dedicated COVID-19 community testing centres in Auckland – open 7 days a week.
Flu vaccines in your car – available for everyone (aged 6 months or over)
- Flu vaccines are free of charge for high risk groups – over 65 year olds, pregnant women, or younger people with certain chronic medical conditions at Cornwall Medical Centre.
- If you are not in the above groups but wish to have a flu vaccine, the charge is $30 for an adult dose.
- For your reassurance and comfort, we have a dedicated Nurse giving flu vaccines in your car at our rear carpark (or in a separate room in our building in case of bad weather)
- Please book your flu vaccine appointment with reception (09) 6253140
- When you arrive at your flu vaccine appointment, please phone reception or pop your head around to reception to let us know you have arrived on your booked time, let them know the colour and make of your car (or if you come on foot), and our nurse will come out to the carpark for you.
- There is plenty of parking and the whole process is quick (around 10 mins) and safer for you.
- It is important to note that the flu vaccine does not protect you from COVID-19, but it does give you the best protection from the most common winter influenza strains.